This download includes two beach themed mats, beach pictures (two sizes), Beach Graphing page and Beach Graphing recording sheet.
Here are just a few ways you could use this resource:
- Read a story about the beach and then use the mats and pictures to retell the story.
- Make up your own beach story and use the pictures to tell the story on the mats.
- Cut out the pictures and blindly select a few. Place them on the mat and have the child graph the beach items on the included graph.
- Choose all the same pictures and have your child count “how many shovels” on the beach practicing 1:1 counting (touch the first shovel and say one, second shovel and say two, etc.).
- Use the pictures on the mats to make math stories.
- Use the mats and pictures for sorting practice.
- Cut the picture pages into strips and let the child practice cutting and gluing them on the mats.
Please check out the preview for more images!