Drafting and Design Project Description
The project can be drawn in CAD or drawn with traditional drafting tools.
This beach house has an efficiently designed open floor plan. This activity is an ideal project for the beginning or intermediate level architectural drafting and design student. Each drawing will fit on 8½ x 11 inch paper; the scale is 1/4” = 1’-0”. Students can draw selected drawings or the complete set of plans. Just print out the drawings that you need for your students. The drawings come with a light background grid spaced at 1/4” intervals.
* Drawing the Floor Plan – Step by step directions with instructions with drawings.
* Drawing the Elevation – Step by step directions with instructions with drawings.
Included with this activity are the following drawings to download:
* Floor Plan (Simplified Dimensions)
* Floor Plan (Intermediate Dimensions)
* Floor Plan (Advanced Dimensions)
* Furniture Plan
* Front Elevation
* Rear Elevation
* Left Elevation
* Right Elevation
* Overall Deck Plan (1/8”=1’-0”)
* Color Rendering – Front Elevation
* Color Rendering – Furniture Plan
* Architectural drafting paper with a 1/4”background grid.
* As a design project: Have students design different floor plan layouts and new elevations using the same length and width as the original beach house.
Keywords: Drafting, CAD, Beach House, Traditional Drafting, Floor Plan, Rendering