This beach unit is jam packed with fun activities, projects, and games perfect for the end of the school year, and to pair with a field trip to the beach. This unit contains activities for both at the beach and in the classroom.
The objectives of this unit are:
-For students to learn about ocean animals including animal food chains and animal adaptations.
-For students to think about the impact humans have on the oceans and what we can do to be more friendly to the oceans and help preserve our beaches.
-To provide teachers with activities for students to do while at the beach.
Table of contents:
1. What do you know about the beach KWL
2. Work with a partner to list as many sea creatures
as you can think of in 10 minutes.
3. Fact posters includes: the crab, the hermit crab, barnacles,
the sea star, and ocean waves.
4. Fact posters scavenger hunt foldable.
5. Create you own ocean animal riddle.
6. My beach animal research fact flower interactive
7. Two different ocean animals Venn diagram.
8. The ABC’s of the beach.
9. The beach food chain cutting and pasting activity.
10. Beach life adaptation cards. (includes 6 pairs of cards).
11. Match the sea creature with its adaptation game.
12. My 5 senses scavenger hunt booklet.
13. Create a ‘help protect our beaches’ poster.
includes: mind map, checklist, and poster paper.
14. Things to do while visiting the beach
task cards. (includes 10 task cards)
15. What do you know about the beach collaborative
16. Write a descriptive paragraph about one thing you saw
while at the beach. Includes: planning page and writing paper.
17. Beach P.E. Game
18. Beach Inquiry Project. (Includes: directions, research pages, and assessment pages.
19. Video notes: I learned…
20. Ticket out the Door.
21. Make your own ‘from the beach’ post card.
22. Ocean themed partner art activity.