Relate the fun of the beach to , , , and in upper elementary! All activities are rigorous, engaging, and upper elementary focused!
You can transform your classroom into a beach getaway, or simply work through these themed beach week activities to engage your students!
How will this help your students grow?
Engagement- Students will be engaged the ENTIRE time you are learning about the beach and ocean and working with the theme!
Integrated- All subjects will have lessons relating to the beach. You will teach math, science, social studies, and reading all with the same theme!
Rigor- These activities are higher level and really make your kids think deeply.
Low Prep- Almost all activities are print and go!
-Teacher guide for extra guidance on what to prep, and how to use each activity with your students!
1. 6 Reading Rotation Activities (Listen to Reading, Comprehension Close Reading, Inferencing Mini Book + Lesson, Word Work, Beach Writing Prompts
2. Magic School Bus Shark Escape Book Companion Activities
3. Mentor Text Lesson with How to Code a Sandcastle
4. Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach Companion Activities
5. Context Clues Partner Project
Writing & Grammar Activities
1. Personal Narrative Beach Day Writing
2. Affixes Beach Ball Activity + Color-by-Code Worksheet
1. Math Review Game
2. Word Problem Race
3. Elapsed Time
4. Design a Beach (area and perimeter practice)
5. Fractions Beach Activity
6. Multiplication & Division Beach Jokes
Science & Social Studies Activities
1. Continents & Oceans
2. Google Maps Mapping Activity
3. Dissolve a Shell Acid Experiment
4. Build a Sandcastle STEM Challenge
5. Magic School Bus Note-taking
Other AMAZING Products You May Need:
The Friendly Teacher