Beach Week for Upper Elementary - End of Year Classroom Activities
What educators are saying
Make the end of the year fun and rigorous with these engaging, hands-on beach week activities! This set includes a full week low-prep beach activities perfect for the end of the year. Quick and easy setup plus clear student directions make these activities perfect for keeping content rigorous and engaging at the end of the year.
Your students will participate in activities in every subject that revolve around a beach theme. The activities are fun, so students don't even realize they are still learning!
Here's what you'll get:
- A full teaching guide for the week
- 6 reading rotation activities
- 4 reading activities for whole group
- A full writing unit
- Grammar activities
- 6 math activities
- 2 science activities
- 2 social studies activities
- A bonus note taking activity
Your students will love learning under a beach theme to celebrate the end of the year. They'll be out of their seats, engaged in in every subject, and practicing many of the skills you have learned throughout the year.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class!
The Activities Include
- 6 Reading Rotation Activities (Listen to Reading, Comprehension Close Reading, Inferencing Mini Book + Lesson, Word Work, Beach Writing Prompts
- Magic School Bus Shark Escape Book Companion Activities
- Mentor Text Lesson with How to Code a Sandcastle
- Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach Companion Activities
- Context Clues Partner Project
Writing & Grammar Activities
- Personal Narrative Beach Day Writing
- Affixes Beach Ball Activity + Color-by-Code Worksheet
- Math Review Game
- Word Problem Race
- Elapsed Time
- Design a Beach (area and perimeter practice)
- Fractions Beach Activity
- Multiplication & Division Beach Jokes
Science & Social Studies Activities
- Continents & Oceans
- Google Maps Mapping Activity
- Dissolve a Shell Acid Experiment
- Build a Sandcastle STEM Challenge
- Magic School Bus Note-taking
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Hannah Y says, "Our school has Sea Month every May and this resource saved me as a first year teacher scrambling to find activities. I was able to take these resources and make two weeks worth of plans. ? This resource includes lesson plans, detailed instructions, pictures, and so much more to ensure as little prep is needed as possible. I have bought multiple resources from The Friendly Teacher and every single one is so so good!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Chelsea B says, "This is an amazing resource for the end of the year! Thank you! Everything you could possible want or need for a beach day or week! "
By clicking this link you can follow along with The Friendly Teacher! You will get to know when a new product is posted, which is 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Other AMAZING Products You May Need:
Copyright © The Friendly Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.