Enjoy an Australian beach adventure through yoga poses for kids!
Come along with Luke as he hops like a kangaroo, perches like a sea gull, and rests like a sea star on an Australian beach. This PDF downloadable beach yoga book includes a list of kids yoga poses and a parent-teacher guide. Learn something new, explore movement, and have fun together.
What’s included in this yoga book for kids:
• An interactive beach yoga book
• Includes a Parent-Teacher Guide
• 48 pages
• Full-color picture book
What customers say about this beach yoga book for kids:͞
"This is a delightful little story about a boy called Luke and his friends at an Australian Beach. I love how the story strings several yoga poses in a sequence to create an adventure at the beach! Kids yoga is a big adventure and children will love listening to the story and then playing with the various postures in the book. I usually adapt kids story books in our yoga classes, looking for postures we can do as we read familiar stories, and it is so handy to have a book like this, specially designed for kids yoga. It has loads of postures that children love doing such as Sun Salute, Tree Pose, Kangaroo Pose, and pretending to surf pose. I also love how it gently introduces children to the idea of protecting the environment. This book is suitable for toddlers too. My daughter is almost three and we were delighted to read it together when it first arrived. It is beautifully illustrated for younger readers to follow along. At the end of the book are some excellent tips for teachers and parents for practicing yoga with children. I truly believe anyone can do yoga with kids, and books like this just make it so much easier to spread the joy of yoga across the world, to young and old."
"The Luke’s story set near the sea is so appealing to kids. You can talk with them about the environment, and animals, and kids love animals. As an English teacher (as a second language), the biggest success this year (from 4 to 7 years old) has been the lesson related to animals. We were able to do poses, sounds, and music. Luke and his friends talk about different animals. They also touch sensitive themes like garbage in the beach. It reminded me an old ad-slogan in Barcelona’s beach: a superhero saying ‘please take your garbage with you when you leave the beach’ . Related to yoga, I like the fact of the little circle with Luke’s figure doing the yoga pose related to the page. Also I find it useful to have the list at the end of the book with the variations of the poses. My purpose is to use this book and the other ones (Sophia’s Jungle Adventure and Anna and her Rainbow-Colored Yoga Mats) in yoga classes in English for Spanish children, and the vocabulary and the story are easy to understand."
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
• Rachel’s Day in the Garden: A Spring Colors Yoga Book
• Good Night, Animal World: A Bedtime Yoga Book for Toddlers
• Anna and her Rainbow-Colored Yoga Mats
• Garden Yoga Cards for Kids
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on