Use these fun poster/printables to help reinforce decoding and comprehension strategies to your readers!
This pack includes 8 different decoding strategies, and 7 different comprehension strategies (with an extra character variation for connections, inferring, and visualizing).
8 Decoding Strategies Included:
- Tryin' Lion (Keep on trying!)
- Stretchy Snake (Stretch the word out).
- Flippy the Dolphin (Flip the vowel sound).
- Lips the Fish (Get your lips ready to read).
- Eagle Eye (Use pictures to help you).
- Skippy the Frog (Skip the word and then hop back to it).
- Helpful Kangaroo (Ask for help).
- Chunky Monkey (Break the word into chunks).
7 Comprehension Strategies Included:
- Spinner the Spider AND Crabby the Connector (Making Connections).
- Piggy Predictor AND Iggy the Inferring Iguana (Predictions, Inferences, and Drawing Conclusions).
- Picturing Penguin AND Rocky the Raccoon (Create pictures in your head).
- Jabber the Reteller (Retell and Summarize).
- Questioning Owl (Ask questions as you read).
- Digger the Dog (Dig for main ideas and key facts).
- Repair Bear (Fix your mistakes and ask for help).
These can be printed on 8.5"x 11" standard printer paper. It is recommended that you use color ink, and laminate them to help bring your posters to life!
This product can also be found in my Reading Strategy Pack!
Please remember to rate this product and leave feedback.
Check out my other products below!
Click here to visit my store