Character Traits Pack - Book Companion -This packet is designed to be utilized after reading the story 'Bear Says Thanks' by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman. It is perfect to use when undertaking a unit on character traits. Included in this pack is NO PREP cut and paste sorting worksheets, mind map activities, find the evidence worksheet, word wall cards and anchor charts (answer sheets).
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Early finishers
♥ Morning Work
♥ Class discussions
♥ Word Work
There are color and black lined versions available in this pack. The sorting activities include:
• Teacher instructions
• Sort the character traits for the Bear.
• Sort the Bear's traits into appearance and qualities.
• Sort the words into synonyms and antonyms for the word caring.
• Find the evidence in the text to match the character traits.
• Students then write a list of physical traits and character traits for the Bear and the Hare. They then are to write what they infer about the characters.
The mind map cut and paste character trait activities include:
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe the Bears qualities and paste into the boxes.
• Cut and paste 4 character traits to describe the other animal's qualities and paste into the boxes.
• Cut and paste the 4 physical traits to describe the Bear.
• Students write 4 physical traits to describe the Badger.
• Students write 4 physical traits to describe the Gopher.
• Students write 4 qualities inside each box to describe the Bear.
• Students write 4 qualities inside each box to describe the other animals.
Also included in this pack are glitter word wall cards to display on your bulletin board to assist students when writing about characters in the story. The word wall cards include the following words:
• Bear, Badger, Owl, Raven, Badger, Hare, Mole
• Character traits - thoughtful, caring, loving, kind, friendly, sweet, thankful, generous, lovable, helpful, grateful, nice, polite, cheerful and gentle.
There are answer sheets for all of the cut and paste activities.
Please see the preview before purchasing to get a further insight into what this package entails.
You may also be interested in the character traits packages below. NOTE: This product is NOT included in this bundle packs below:
BUNDLE - Character Traits - Printables, Word Wall Cards, Anchor Charts, Word Maps, Task Cards - 300+ pages
Literacy Centers & Character Traits Bundle - 660 pages
You might also enjoy these fun and engaging character trait activities below:
A Bad Case of Stripes - Yes/No Character Traits Game
Officer Buckle and Gloria - Character Trait Activities
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Character Trait Activities
100 Character Traits - Word Map Templates
Dab it! - Fairy tale character traits
Character Yes/No Game - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Halloween Theme
Character Traits Sorting
Sorting Fairy Tale Characters - Character Traits
Character Traits activity pack & word wall cards
Character Traits - Who am I?
Character Traits - Making Inferences and Text-to-Self Connections
Charlotte's Web Task Cards - Character Traits
Check out these great bundle packs:
Literacy Centers Mega Bundle - 333 pages
Literacy & Math Centers Mega Bundle - 500+ pages
Literacy Centers Bundle - 200 + pages
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would love for you to come back at some stage and rate my product. ♥
♦♦♦ PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND GAIN TPT CREDITS
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
♥BECOME A FOLLOWER
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
and like my Facebook page
for regular updates on freebies, sales and teaching ideas!