Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson & Jane Chapman has always been a favorite of my younger students! This 32-page NO PREP packet can be used by SLPs or parents for carryover skills. It's perfect for preschool and younger elementary students for increasing language skills.
1. Story Retell: Cut apart pictures and use storymat for retall
2. Vocabulary: 24 words from the book to use as synonym or word/definition match
3. Comprehension Questions
4. Associations: target receptive language with 3 "What Are They Thinking" activities
5. Comparisons: Attach yes/no cards to craft sticks to use as responses to questions.
6. Articulation: Practice early developing sounds in a variety of ways to strengthen articulation. Later developing sounds also included.
Your students might also enjoy:
Pete Saves Christmas: Social Skills Book CompanionWhole Body Listening Elves