Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson is a wonderful Spring book (sold separately, online or in stores) which tells the story of a bear, who just woke up from hibernating, and is ready to eat, eat, eat! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Compare & Contrast- Tell how items from the book are the same and different
4. Absurdities- Correct the absurdities and repeat
5. The Bear's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
6. Printable, black and white, take-home book so the students can share the story with friends and family.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!