Also included in
- If you love the "Bear" books by Karma Wilson, you'll love this growing bundle of speech and language materials that accompany the books! The materials in these book companions are designed primarily for preschool and kindergarten students, and target skills such as WH questions, sequencing and rete$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
"Bear Wants More" is a great Spring book about Bear waking up from hibernation, and this book companion will give you a variety of easy-to-implement activities for many of your common preschool and kindergarten language goals, with many no prep activities included to save you time!
You'll be able to simplify your therapy planning during this busy Spring IEP season, by using the materials included and just one book for your therapy sessions and circle time plans! Circle Time/Whole Group push-in lesson plan ideas are included, as well!
Here's what you get:
- Story character + prop printables for acting out the story, story retell, sequencing, and/or a sensory bin. Use the story props to act out the book as you read, to recreate the story. Great for circle time! Or, use the printables in a sensory bin or propped up on binder clips to work on following directions and answering WH questions (example photos included)
- Small and large story scene depiction visuals for small group and whole group story retell
- Visual sentence strips to pair with scene depiction visuals. Use these visual supports to aid your students in describing the picture scenes
- •Sequencing the Story: No prep. Cut out pictures, color, and glue them on according to the order they appeared in the story. This is a great activity to send home with your students so they can tell their parents the story, too!
- 2 Vocabulary smash mats: 1 with story elements (characters + objects), and 1 for describing actions/scenes that happened in the story (great for working on labeling with N-V/V-N phrases!) . These can also be used as comprehension question visuals (smash the correct answer)
- Who, What, Where Question Play Dough Mats (no prep): Two visual answer choices are given for each question. Questions are about the story.
- Dot the Answer: WH Questions (no prep). Same questions as the WH question play dough mats, but in black/white, to be used with dot markers (2 pages- 18 questions)
- Dot the Answer: Basic Concepts (no prep): Targets spatial concepts and size concepts
- Fishing for Categories: Sort fish to correct ponds based on category; black and white cut/paste no prep version included
- Basic Concept Smash Mats Set 1 (no prep): 14 mats in all. Target concepts from the story and their opposites: Wide, thin, narrow, big, small. This set of mats is for teaching/working on individual concepts by themselves. Students will make wide and thin bears, wide and narrow caves, big and small strawberries, big and small honey cakes, etc...
- Basic Concept Smash Mats Set 1 (no prep): 14 mats in all. Targets same concepts as set 1, but this set is for teaching/working on opposite concepts together.
- Visuals to demonstrate concepts of wide, thin, narrow, big, and small. Slip these into a sheet protector and they are no prep, as well.
- 3 Open-Ended Dot Marker Pages (no prep): Use these open-ended sheets for mixed groups with articulation students, or students who have goals not otherwise addressed in this companion pack.
- Cariboo Cards: 1 set of question cards, 1 set of cards for the game boxes
- Circle Time/Whole Group Push In Ideas. Outline of two weeks’ worth of preschool circle time ideas I’m using with this book and several of these activities!
For more book companions (including additional "Bear" books), click here!
I love helping other SLPs instill a love of shared book-reading with their students by creating visually appealing interactive pieces and related extension activities that have kids engaged and excited to read and act out a story!