Polar Bears, Brown Bears, Black Bears, White Bears, and Purple Bears, are all included in this Year Long PreK -2nd Grade Set. Having Sub Plans, Close Reads, Math Centers, ELA Centers, Clock Labels, adorable Desk Plates and your Classroom Behavior and Character Education Plan all in one Bundle is a Beary Special Treat with this Money Saving Bundle. Must see Preview and Description to appreciate ALL
that is included in this Bear Bundle!
• TOPS and BOTTOMS CLOSE READ
• POLAR BABIES EMERGENCY SUB PLANS for a DAY
• POLAR BEAR CRAFTIVITY
• BEAR THEME ALPHABET YEAR LONG CENTER
• BEAR THEME MATH PATTERN CENTER
• BEAR NAME PLATES COLOR (MULTIPLE COLORS)
• BEAR NAME PLATES BLACK and WHITE (MULTIPLE STYLES)
• BEAR WORD WALL CARDS (COLOR)
• BEAR WORD WALL CARDS (BLACK and WHITE)
• BEAR PURPLE MONEY (6 per page)
• BEAR PURPLE PAW MONEY (6 per page)
• BEAR BROWN MONEY (6 per page)
TOPS and BOTTOMS
This story teaches how hard work pays off in this funny Trickster Tale. Hare comes up with a clever plan to trick Bear. This story is is a great introduction to your plant units. Students will have fun while writing, illustrating, collaborating with peers, as they learn how to dig deeper into text with this Close Read to accompany Tops and Bottoms, by Janet Stevens.
This Close Read t focuses on the following skills:
• OPINION WRITING
• CHARACTER TRAITS
• COMPARE and CONTRAST
• CAUSE and EFFECT
• TEXT TO SELF CONNECTIONS
• DIGGING DEEPER INTO TEXT
• PLANTS CONCEPT SORT
• PHONICS CONCEPT SORTS
You will get two choice of each of the SEVEN FOCUS QUESTION and 2 CONCEPT SORTS
that will allow you to expand further with older students, save copies, or vary your students ELA notebooks. Students will use these focus questions and concept sorts in a way that will teach them to Think, Write, and Illustrate their responses, not just respond to text based questions.
The 8 Story Comprehension Questions help students learn how to dig deeper into text and use text to self connections that relate to real life.
You can use these Questions Cards with Small or Whole Group Instruction. In addition you get more Digging Deeper Questions to use daily to focus on specific passages that will help Guide Your Reading Instruction. These questions are included in your 5 day lesson plans.
This set has 7 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards that will help students better understand word meanings, use antonyms, synonyms, write with you definitions you agree on as a class, and illustrate meaning or words.
This set comes with 4 COLORFUL and ILLUSTRATED POSTERS on the FEATURED SKILLS and FOUR COLORFUL and ILLUSTRATED 5 x 7 CARDS for PHONICS.
You will enjoy having 5 DAYS of LESSON PLANS with very detailed instructions already prepared for you. The fifth day ends with a 5 question multiple choice TEST.
POLAR BEAR MATH CENTERS
This activity is designed to help students develop key skills such as color recognition, problem solving, and spatial reasoning. This set has all the basic patterns required by Common Core, but it takes it a step further by having students work backwards to problem solve, finish patterns at the beginning and end, based on middle patterns.
This set comes with 36 colorful pattern cards with 6 of each set, 2 blank pages where students can make their own patterns! Each card has six sequence spaces for students to problem solve. These pattern cards will make a great addition to your winter math center and small group practice.
POLAR BABIES SUB FOR A DAY PLANS and ACTIVITIES
Planning for your substitute will be a breeze with this SCRIPTED SUB INSTRUCTIONS with 11 activities to keep your students engaged while you are away. This set comes with a PRINTABLE EMERGENT READER called POLAR BEAR, POLAR BEAR, WHAT DID YOU LEARN? This set is based of my CLOSE READS because of all the feedback I have received about how great those would be for subs. I took that idea and added a twist on it by having scripted SUB INSTRUCTIONS for ALL DAY with ALL SUBJECTS! Your sub will never be at a loss and will appreciate all the little extra details for his/her use, and you will appreciate knowing your students are learning, engaged, and happy while you are away!
• This set comes with an emergent reader that is 6 pages long, two copies to a page, and comes in COLORED and BLACK WHITE. Your students will use the emergent reader to complete activities through out the day.
• This set is EASY to prepare with the step by step directions. You will not forget a thing because I have thought of it all for you. All you need to do is PREPARE this SUB FOR A DAY SET and you are done!
• Use as EMERGENCY Sub Plans, or as another Close Read
This set includes:
• 4 Illustrated colored Vocabulary Cards
• Vocabulary activities for all 4 words
• Activities for story
• Nouns and VERBS posters
• Noun and Verb find/write/or draw activity
• Four 8 x 5 sound posters
• Concept Cut and Paste Sound Sort
• Cut and Paste Writing what I learned today activity
• Math Pattern Activities with worksheets
• Math Pattern Centers Partial Set with additions made to Polar Bear Patterns Sort)
• Master Sub Plans with places for you to write in EXTRA information about
students with special needs, special areas, schedule, arrival and dismissal
procedures, specific subject areas, and any extra information you need to add
• Sub Scripted Lessons for the Whole Day
y to add to Master Sub Plan
• Polar Bear Craftivity
• Polar Bear Website for printable facts, or for viewing if your sub has access to
technology while you are out.
NAME PLATES LINED and UNLINED
• Over 25 choices of Name Plates and Word Wall Cards for you Bear Theme Classroom and Units are included in this Bear Bundle.
• 4 Colored Bear Desk Plates
• 4 Black and White Bear Unlined Word Wall Cards
• 6 Black and White Lined Desk Plates
• 6 Unlined Black and White Bear Word Wall Cards
• 1 Lined Name Plate with Purple Bear
• 1 Lined Name Plate with Purple Bear Paw
• 1 Unlined Word Wall Card with Purple Bear
• 1 Unlined Name Plate with Purple Bear Paw
• 1 Lined Name Plate with Purple Bear in Black Theme
• 1 Lined Name Plate with Purple Bear Paw in Black Theme
• 1 Unlined Vocabulary Card with Purple Bear in Black Theme
• 1 Unlined Vocabulary Card with Purple Bear Paw in Black Theme
Promote Character Education in your classroom with these Bear Theme Behavior and Rewards Bear Bucks. You will see your students become Responsible, Trustworthy, Active Listeners, and Offering Support and Encouragement to their Classmates in and out of your classroom.
• 1 set of Brown Bear Set Rewards and Behavior Money (6 per page)
• ALL Bear Dollars come in Denominations of $1/$5/$10/$20
• Purple Bear Money (3 per page)
• Purple Bear Money (6 per page)
• Purple Bear Paw Money (3 per page)
• Purple Bear Paw Money (6 per page)
• Behavior Plan Included with Ideas
Behavior and Reward Money Ideas:
• Teach Value of Money
• Teach how to Save Money
• Teach how to Make Change
• Classroom Auctions
• Teach Responsibility
CLASSROOM BEAR DECOR:
• Bear Paw Clock Label Set in Purple
• 2 8 x 10 Classroom Posters
• IT'S GOING TO BE A "PAWS"ITIVELY GREAT YEAR!
• WE HAVE "PAWS"ITIVELY GREAT BEHAVIOR!
• Mini Purple Paws for Popsicle Sticks, Cubbies, Journals, Etc.
BEAR THEME ALPHABET MATCH YEAR LONG CENTER
Letter recognition is one of many steps necessary for students to become readers and is a Common Core Standard in Kindergarten. This set of 30 Bear Theme Alphabet Mats and Letters is great as an independent activity or literacy centers all year for Preschoolers, PreK Students, Kindergartners, and ELA Students. This set will allow you to see if your students can visually discriminated between uppercase and lower case letters, match letters, and write letters. I hope you enjoy this set for years to come.
• 30 Alphabet Bear Mats come with 2 cards per page with 5 letters per card
• Colored Alphabet Letter in Upper Case
• Colored Alphabet Letter In Lower Case
• 1 set of All Upper Case Letter Mats
• 1 Set of All Lower Case Letter Mats
• 1 set of Upper and Lower Case Mixed Mats
You have the choice of using the colored letters that come with this set, or adding magnetic or foam letters to this set at the beginning stages of learning to recognize and match letters. Then, as students progress, students will be able to develop their writing skills by writing letters under letters on the mats.
You may also be interested in the following resources. Just click on the links to see if any of the resources will help you and your students.
ELA and MATH BACK TO SCHOOL YEAR LONG CENTERS and ACTIVITIES
ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD BUNDLE
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM at:
You can also follow me on my BLOG at
To connect with me on Facebook, you will find me at
Please be sure and share anything you you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL PROMOTIONS just for YOU!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!