Your students will have some furry fun with this unit all about bears! There are so many things included:
- a song book that turns into a class book
- graphic organizer
- teddy bear picnic crown
- pocket chart beginning sounds sorting activity
- counting to 10
- ordering numbers to 10
- identifying and drawing shapes
- sight word identification and printing
- beginning sounds sort
- spinner activity -> help bear get to the picnic
- measurement (measure the bears)
- sight word search and find
- ways to make 10 (shake and spill) and addition to 10 (extension activity)
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears -> sorting, sizing, retelling, worksheets
- emergent reader with pocket chart story and worksheet
...and LOTS more!
I have based this unit on BOTH fictional bears AND real bears. There are many activities and ideas to help your students learn about bear facts and characteristics.
Thanks so much for looking!
Please be sure to visit my blog for more ideas and freebies!
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class