The following ten activities are designed to focus on the 2016-2017 8th Grade Math FSA. These resources focus on the math test item specifications. This is a must have for every 8th grade math teacher in the state of Florida. Help your students score better on the Florida Standards Assessment by focusing in on the actual content that will be tested. AIR assessments are also used in Arizona, Utah, and Ohio, and are correlated with Common Core.
Great activity worksheets to use throughout the school year, or as a review before end-of-course testing. Each activity is in PDF format. Click the links to view each activity:
1) Scatter Plots for Common Core Activity
2) Slope with Similar Triangles Activity
3) Coloring Angle Relationships Activity
4) Rational vs. Irrational Numbers Activity
5) Operations with Scientific Notation Activity
6) Exponent Rules & Laws Multiply & Divide Worksheet
7) Cubes & Cube Roots Worksheet
8) Exponent Rules & Laws Unit Review Worksheet
9) Volume: Cylinder, Cone & Sphere Activity
10) Solving Systems of Equations Using Tables Activity
Sold separately, these items total over $22.
Now available Beat the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) 8th Grade Mathematics Book 2
Arizona's Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching (AzMERIT), Ohio’s State Tests (OST), Florida’s (FSA), and Utah’s (SAGE) Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence are all administered by the American Institutes for Research (AIR) in direction competition with states administering the The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) to assess common core (CCSS) making both tests content highly correlated.
Follow me for updates on new resources!
Mr. Slope Guy in Mathville, Florida
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.