Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.62 MB | 14 pages
This is the Christmas version of Beat the Teacher Powerpoint game. Beat the Teacher is game to use in reviewing punctuation and capitalization rules. The following capitalization and punctuation rules are covered in this game:
• Capitalize the first word of a sentence.
• Capitalize the word I.
• Capitalize months of the year and days of the week but not the seasons.
• Capitalize particular person, places, and things.
• Capitalize songs, poems, and titles of works.
• Capitalize holidays
• Capitalize abbreviated titles of respect and initials of names.
• Place a period at the end of a declarative sentence.
• Place a question mark at the end of an interrogative sentence.
• Place a period after an abbreviated title of respect and initials.
• Place a coma after the word yes or no at the beginning of a sentence.
• Use comas to separate words in a series.
• Use comas to separate the name of a person to whom you are talking from the rest of the sentence.
• Use comas to separate the parts of a date.
The instructions for playing this game are on the first couple of slides. The instruction slides will advance automatically. The rest of the PowerPoint is controlled by the teacher’s or the student’s click.
Also included are two worksheets to practice punctuation and capitalization.