Beatboxing & Rhythm: No-Prep 6-lesson Music Unit For Jr-Int Music Classes
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get a headstart on the school year with your music classroom set-upThis is a bundle that contains 8 of my products for the Jr/Int music classroom at significant savings over the individual products. These resources will not only help you put together your long range plans for the year, but also condPrice $15.59Original Price $19.49Save $3.90
- If you are teaching elementary music on rotary, this bundle contains everything you need for the entire year. Grade-specific year long lesson plans, long range plans, seasonal activities and more.This bundle includes every instructional music product in my store.Price $241.83Original Price $302.29Save $60.46
Use Beatboxing To Teach Rhythm Basics - Easy to use workbook format with Powerpoint presentation file & Sound Clips
Kids love learning to Beatbox! Beatboxing is an excellent high-interest topic for junior and low-intermediate music classes. It even works well for classes that may have a limited music background (or a limited grasp of the basic rhythm concepts) but for whom most typical beginner music activities would seem too babyish.
This beatboxing music unit is formatted as a student workbook, making it easy for both teachers and students to use. It can be used for both in-person and online teaching.
The sound files included as part of the presentation file ensure that even teachers who are not confident musicians will be able to teach the rhythms correctly. This unit is so easy a sub can teach it!
Note: If you would like to import this Powerpoint into Google Slides, the audio clips will not convert automatically. They are included in the package so that you can add them separately for use in Google Drive.
Each Beatboxing Rhythm Lesson:
- introduces a specific percussion instrument
- teaches the beatbox technique to mimic that instrument, including posters as a visual reminder
- reviews a rhythm concept - including example sound files and a presentation slide
- provides one or more exercises to practice the beatbox skills using those specific rhythms.
Lesson 1 - Introduction to Beatboxing
Lesson 2 - Kick drum, Quarter Notes & Downbeat
Lesson 3 - High Hat & Pairs of Eighth Notes
Lesson 4 - Snare Drum, Eighth & Dotted Quarter
Lesson 5 - Cymbal & Triplets
Lesson 6 - Final Assignment
Three assignments for assessment purposes are also included, making this a tidy little unit for teaching & assessing rhythm curriculum in a short period of time.
❤️ You Might Also Like ❤️
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - ABOUT THE AUTHOR - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stageworthy by Widy creates performing arts lessons that help non-specialists teach the arts like rockstars.
♬ - Click here for Stageworthy music lessons
➼ - Click here for Stageworthy dance lessons
❈ - Click here for Stageworthy drama lessons