Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This series of 25 PowerPoint slides introduces students to the 1950s Beatniks, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, examples, characteristics and much more. Six links to relevant video clips are also provided.
By the end of the lesson, students will have the following information in their notes:
* A definition for the term ‘beatnik’
* A timeline of counter-culture in the 1920s, 1950s, 1960s & today
* The two most famous beatniks
* A portion of a quotation from each of these two beatniks
* Five characteristics of beatniks
* Five characteristics of a beat poem
* A Venn diagram for 1950s beatniks and modern hipsters