Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg is a perfect picture book for teachers who want to provide fun instruction on the role of making mistakes in growth mindset and fixed mindset perspectives.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created with 2nd-6th graders in mind (2nd graders may need extra support with some of the activities).
You will find the following activities in this literature unit for Beautiful Oops:
- Teacher Tips
- Your Oops
- A Glass Half Full
- Growth Mindset: Beautiful Oops
- What's the Use?
- Creations with Oops
- Brainstorming with Figures
- Sharing My Best Oops Moment
- I Meant to do That!
- Additional Activities
PLEASE NOTE: Since the questions and activities are opinion and experience based, there are NO answer keys.
WAIT! This literature companion is part of a Growth Mindset Literature Unit (MONEY-SAVING) BUNDLE!:
GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOK BUNDLE
THE BUNDLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOKS:
YOUR FANTASTIC ELASTIC BRAIN (UPPER GRADE VERSION)
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES
BEAUTIFUL OOPS BY BARNEY SALTZBERG
THE DOT BY PETER H REYNOLDS
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITIES:
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (with cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (NO cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET PRIVACY FOLDER OFFICES
GROWTH MINDSET FLIP BOOKS
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITY BUNDLE:
GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLE: AFFIRMATION POSTERS, FLIP BOOKS, AND PRIVACY FOLDER
GROWTH MINDSET QUOTES BUNDLE:
CHARACTER TRAITS QUOTES BUNDLE (with GROWTH MINDSET)
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.