Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo is a heartfelt-loving novel for students in Grades 4, 5 and 6. The novel study offers detailed 26 chapter-by-chapter worksheets, end of unit tests for comprehension and understanding, fun spelling activities like word scrambles, a gigantic word search, key parts to deconstructing a story worksheets, an engaging cut and paste alphabetical order activity, discovering new vocabulary words. Plus, there are teacher friendly answer keys!
The 200+-page Because of Winn-Dixie Novel Study contains all you need to teach a Because of Winn-Dixie literacy unit. No fluff here!
Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo weaves the powerful theme of friendship. The main character, Opal faces a life without a mother present, a move to a new place, and a father who is a preacher.
This unit is aligned with the Common Core Standards for Grades 4, 5, and 6
The Teaching Resource includes:
• 26 Chapter-by-Chapter - Comprehensive Questions / 6-12 questions per chapter
• 26 Chapter-by-Chapter - Teacher Answer keys
• 4 Unit Tests - Student Formative Assessment / Multiple Choice Format
• 4 Unit Tests - Teacher Answer keys
• Spelling Worksheets for Expanding Vocabulary / 21 Words
Student Engaging Word Search
• Monster Sized (60 Word) Word Search (Large Size 8.5" x 14")
• Students Make Your Own Word Search / Novice and Advanced (8.5" x 14")
Scramble Spelling Worksheets
• 1 Unscramble the Spelling Words Worksheet
• 1 Unscramble the Spelling Words - Teacher Answer key
Cut + Paste Alphabetical Order Activity
• 1 Cut and Paste Alphabetical Order Activity - Students (Large Size 8.5" x 14")
• 1 Cut and Paste Alphabetical Order Activity - Answer key
Parts of a Novel Study
1. Who are some of the characters?
2. Who is the main character?
3. What is the theme?
4. What is the plot?
5. Where is the setting?
6. What is the conflict?
7. What is the tone?
Hope You Enjoy!