This adorable book will grab your young readers' attention!
This comprehensive unit comes packed with teacher and student resources including the following:
In this unit you will find:
1) 10 Daily lesson plans aligned with CCSS for grades 3-5. The lesson plans include detailed information about student objective, common core state standards, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson.
2) 52 anchor lesson slides provided in SMARTBoard, PowerPoint or PGN image files.
3) 32 pages of student activity sheets to go along with each daily lesson.
4) 19 pages of vocabulary comprehension practice. The comprehension questions are modeled after real CCSS test questions.
5) 50 piece bulletin board set to help reinforce content learned.
6) Additional Learning Activities to go along with daily lessons include: an article to give background information about the author, cause/effect puzzle activity, group discussion prompt cards, summarizing activity, character maps, non-fiction article about the civil war to pair with the novel, and bookmarks for students to use while reading.
7) 3 end-of-unit activities to wrap up your novel unit.
The following skills are taught in this unit:
1) What is realistic fiction?
2) Character study
3) Theme and evidence to support the theme
4) Cause and effect events
6) Pairing Fiction with Non-Fiction
7) Connecting themes found in the book.
Students will engage in activities designed for whole group, small group and individual practice. Use this unit with your whole class or a guided reading group.
Please check out the detailed sample to see all this unit includes.
You may also want to check out these other novel units available in my store:
George Washington's Socks
Donavan's Word Jar
Dear Mr. Henshaw