A ready to print and use immediately novel study to use with the book Because of Winn-Dixie that can also be used for book clubs, small reading groups or independent reading.
Great for grades 3 through 6!
Each two chapters has 2 pages that cover the following common core aligned activities:
- A vocabulary word per chapter
- What happened or key ideas for the chapter
- A comprehension activity per chapter - predicting, creating images, making connections, determining importance, inferring, synthesizing (retelling)
- A key phrase
- Comprehensions skills- fact/opinion, compare/contrast, sequence of events, similes, setting, cause/effect, point of view, multiple meaning words, character traits
- Specific comprehension questions
There is also an end of story page for students to synthesize the story and to think about the author's craft.
Please check out the preview to see if this product is just right for your classroom!
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.”