Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This adorable book will grab your young readers' attention!
Not only will you have a novel unit that is easy to implement, but you'll also have engaging student activities that your kiddos will love!
In this novel unit you will receive:
1) Teacher Guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview, 10 daily lesson plans (some lasting more then 1 day) aligned with CCSS for grades 3-5, and details for end-of-unit projects. The lesson plans include detailed information about student objective, common core state standards, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts and answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
2) 43 anchor slides provided in PowerPoint, PDF, or PGN image files. These slides help you teach each lesson.
3) Student activities to go along with each daily lesson. Student resources are printable OR google classroom compatible. Interactive vocabulary activities and comprehension questions are provided for each lesson.
4) Additional learning activities to go along with daily lessons including. "Meet the Author" article, student discussion prompt cards, pairing nonfiction and fiction activities, cause/effect cut and paste activity, summarizing practice, character maps, and more! (Google Classroom Compatible - where applicable)
5) A colorful bulletin board set to help reinforce content learned.
7) 3 end-of-unit activities to wrap up your novel unit. (Google Classroom Compatible - where applicable)
8) Teacher video tutorial to help you get organized
9) A student observation sheet to record information about student performance during the unit and to collect student data.
10) A student bookmark to give to your students during the unit.
Skills and strategies taught in this unit include:
1) What is realistic fiction?
2) Character study
3) Identifying theme and evidence to support the theme
4) Cause and effect events
6) Pairing fiction with nonfiction
7) Connecting themes found in the book.
You may also like these other novel units:
Need several units? Check out my "Design a Bundle" option that allows you to choose 3-5 units and receive up to 20% off! Choose from the units listed above or from over 20 other units across the content areas to create your custom bundle. See all the details below: