NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE.
Examples of clues:
* “Anyway, Littmus went and ENLISTED.” (syn.) ANSWER: joined
* The rain had let up some. It was mostly a DRIZZLE now. (___ rain; ant.)
* It was Winn-Dixie, whining and BUTTING his head against my bedroom door. (syn.) ANSWER: hitting
* “I imagine I’m the only one that even RECALLS that bear.” (ant.) ANSWER: forgets
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
Note: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Because of Winn-Dixie edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (See list below.)
Here are more unique products over BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE edition—Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE: Prereading Vocab Crossword—50 words! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Because of Winn Dixie edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Because of Winn Dixie Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!