This is a comprehensive and versatile bee unit. Don’t know anything about bees? Doesn’t matter. I did the research & work so you just "print and go".
The extensive variety of lessons (reinforcing science, literacy & math) allows you to easily diversify your lessons. Simply choose whatever information and activities are appropriate for your students.
- "Fantastic! Provided a wide variety of highly engaging resources."
- "Wonderful, cute, creative, and comprehensive unit. Full of awesome information and activities."
- "This is a very well-created, comprehensive unit."
Jillions of hours went into research and design to make these activities quick, easy & fun for teachers and students.
In celebration of springtime and all that you do, I'm knocking $2 off the price for a limited time.
- Honey bee vocabulary (54 words) with definitions & fun word work activities to practice these new science terms, with a “My Bee Words” cover for a student-made dictionary.
- A detailed explanation of each stage of the bee’s life cycle, complete with posters, worksheets, puzzles, games & crafts.
- In depth information about the 3 types of bees (queen, drones & workers) and all of their duties, which help run a healthy hive, along with worksheets, a craft & assessment game to help check comprehension.
- Parts of a bee worksheet-posters.
- 30 real photographs of the different honey bees, their hives, stages of their life cycle, pollination, and beekeepers.
Use these (2-on-a-page) photo posters to introduce the lesson, explain things, then as a bulletin board display featuring students’ work. You can also have older students pick a photo and write about it, or make a list of descriptive words.
- 52 interesting facts about bees, which are displayed on mini posters (2 on a page). Simply choose your favorites.
- Share the information with your students, then check comprehension with the quick true or false quiz, which can be given orally to younger kiddos, who show their answers with a craft stick puppet paddle.
- I enjoy incorporating with , so there are a variety of writing prompt activities which will enhance what students have learned.
- A class book, along with several poems, plus a variety of word work activities (including rhyming) are also included.
- There’s even a splash of math as well; the puzzles practice counting forwards & backwards plus skip counting. Take that teachable moment to review ordinal numbers and the hexagon shape with the life cycle crafts, while the “roll & color” life cycle game practices graphing skills, and the honeycomb worksheets reinforce guess-timation, plus greater & less than, with another graphing extension.
- I hope you find the bee book bibliography and educational inks to some awesome YouTube videos helpful in making things especially real and exciting for your students.
Be sure and check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
- "It has a variety of resources and offers many suggestions for connecting to other subject areas, particularly math and art. Very detailed, book and video options, well researched."
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a fun-tastic time learning about bees, certainly an extraordinary, fascinating and extremely important insect.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.