This is a comprehensive and very versatile unit.
Simply choose whatever information and activities are appropriate for your students, then “print & go”.
Don’t know anything about bees? Doesn’t matter.
It’s all in here, so you too can enjoy learning right along with your students.
I put in a ton of work, so you don’t have to; and in celebration of springtime and all that you do, I'm knocking $2 off the price.
The packet includes:
* Honey bee vocabulary (54 words) with definitions & fun word work activities to practice these new science terms, with a “My Bee Words” cover for a student-made dictionary.
* A detailed explanation of each stage of the bee’s life cycle, complete with posters, worksheets, puzzles, games & crafts students can do to help reinforce these concepts.
* In depth information about the 3 types of bees (queen, drones & workers) and all of their duties, which help run a healthy hive, along with worksheets, a craft & assessment game to help check comprehension.
* Parts of a bee worksheet-posters.
* 30 real photographs of the different honey bees, their hives, stages of their life cycle, pollination, and beekeepers. Use these (2-on-a-page) photo posters to introduce the lesson, explain things, then as a bulletin board display featuring students’ work. You can also have older students pick one and write about it, or make a list of descriptive words.
* 52 interesting facts about bees, which are displayed on mini posters (2 on a page). Simply choose your favorites.
Share the information with your students, then check comprehension with the quick true or false quiz, which can be given orally to younger kiddos, who show their answers with a Popsicle stick puppet paddle.
* I enjoy incorporating language arts with science, so there are a variety of writing prompt activities which will enhance what students have learned.
* A class book, along with several poems, plus a variety of word work activities (including rhyming) are also included.
* There’s even a splash of math as well; the puzzles practice counting forwards & backwards plus skip counting. Take that teachable moment to review ordinal numbers and the hexagon shape with the life cycle crafts, while the “roll & color” life cycle game practices graphing skills, and the honeycomb worksheets reinforce guess-timation, plus greater & less than, with another graphing extension.
Take a minute to check out the PREVIEW to see the nice variety of activities packed into this jumbo packet.
* I hope you find the bee book bibliography and educational inks to some awesome YouTube videos, helpful in making things especially real and exciting for your students.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a fun-tastic time learning about this fascinating and extremely important creature.