Dot art is fun for all ages and a great way to immediately reinforce correct sound productions.
This 31 page download includes:
- 1 open ended Valentine's Day dot art page
- 25 sound specific Valentine's Day dot art pages (1 page for each of these sounds: /r/, vocalic r, vocalic r variations, /r/ blends, /s/, /z/, /s/ blends, /l/, /l/ blends, /w/, /h/, "y", "sh", "ch", "j," "th," /f/, /v/, /k/, /g/, /t/, /d/, /p/, /b/, /m/, /n/)
A table of contents for sound pages is included.
Be sure to download the preview for a closer look!
I find these to be easy, print-n-go, fast-paced and productive articulation activities. I find these especially useful for preschoolers and young children because it keeps little hands and minds busy. These were made just for your Valentine's Day themed lessons.
I use these pages in therapy for fun but intensive articulation practice. The circles (with the target pictures or printed words) should be dotted with paint (I use bingo style paint which I purchase at LakeShore Learning Company and Amazon) Here are some of the ways you can use these pages in therapy:
1) SAY-AND-DOT ONE AT A TIME: Students are given bingo paint and allowed to “dot” the pictures in each little circle after saying the name of the picture 1, 2, 3, 5, or however many times I assign. Do this with each and every picture on the page.
2) HUNT, DOT and SAY: Have students find every giraffe (for example) on the page, dot each one and then say “giraffe” 1 time for each giraffe they found.
3) ADAPT TO STUDENT LEVELS: If a student is working at the phrase or sentence level, have him/her make a phrase (if the student cannot produce a phrase quickly, assign a carrier phrase like “I like _____” or “ I see a _____” or “I ate a ______”) or sentence with each little picture. You can also have your students make a sentence with feather (for example) and then find and dot every feather on the page while you address the next student.
4) CHIPPER CHAT STYLE: If you prefer (or if you don’t have dot paint), you can use chipper chat style tokens to cover the circles instead.
5) HOMEWORK: Just check the box next to “practice for homework” and send the page home for homework.
6) I SPY: Use it to play I Spy -tell or describe the picture the students needs to find, say and dot.
In the end, your students will have a painted, speech-inspired Valentine's Day masterpiece and you will have gotten TONS of productions from them! Once it dries, send home for homework or hang these up proudly for the world to see :)
If you love this activity, and want to see more of these, please let me know by providing feedback or emailing me at email@example.com
If you would like dot art pages for therapy, I have a packet for every season and just about every holiday- even some for year ‘round use on any old day! Just CLICK below to check them out :)
Articulation Dot Art for Fricatives and Affricates Articulation Dot Art for PlosivesArticulation Dot Art for Glides, Liquids and Nasals Open Ended Articulation Dot Art