Also included in
- Make teaching writing more ENGAGING and planning for writing EASY by utilizing this year long writing pack. This resource includes 25 units of writing that will take 32 weeks to teach. This writing bundle is common core aligned and provides opportunities for differentiation for both higher achieving$70.00$81.00Save $11.00
Engage students in imaginative narrative writing using this craft as a fun way to have students draft a problem and solution writing piece about an imaginary friend. This is common core aligned, and pairs great with the book Beekle, by Dan Santat. However, owning this book is by no means necessary for using this resource.
Students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different events that occurred during their story. Afterwards, students will complete a simple craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing.
This Project Includes:
- Easy To-Do Craft & Publishing Pages
- Writing Prompt
- Brainstorm/Planning Page
- 3 Differentiated Options for Drafting
- Student Friendly Editing Checklist
- 2 Common Core Aligned Rubrics
- 5 Day Teaching Guide
- Photo Examples
This project was specifically designed for second grade, but can easily be modified for other grade levels using the differentiated pages.
Interested in other narrative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Beekle Imaginary Friend Narrative Writing Project
- Rockin’ Roadtrip Narrative Writing Project
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing Project
- My Pet Dragon Imaginative Narrative
- My Day With a Leprechaun Imaginative Narrative
- Tooth Fairy Imaginative Narrative & Craft
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing & Craft
- The Great Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.
Please ask any questions before purchasing this resource. Don’t forget to leave feedback below for credits toward future purchases. To see what is happening in my classroom and my new resources in action, follow me on Instagram @the.mountain.teacher .