Learn all about bees with this information packed Bees Non Fiction Insect Unit for students in kindergarten, first and second grade. Featuring over 100 pages, this bees study unit is filled with information on bees, beekeeping, honey and the life cycle. More specifically, students will read about the parts of a bee, its behavior, social activity, food, reproduction, jobs, how honey is extracted and a detailed view of its life cycle. The printable contains real photos which your learners will love and helps students make connections with what they see in their environment.
For a detailed view of the contents of this non-fiction unit on bees, please view the preview above.
This bees literacy unit includes the following activities and printables:
- Poster/Booklet - All About Bees: Print individual pages as posters or bind pages to create a booklet. - 27 pages.
Topics covered include:
- What are bees?
- What is pollination?
- Where do bees live?
- What do bees live in?
- General Anatomy of a Bee
- Compound Eyes
- Hairs and Pollen basket
- How do bees communicate?
- What do bees eat?
- Hive frame
- Honey bee colony
- Queen Bee
- How is the queen bee chosen?
- Drone Bee
- Worker bee
- Activities of the Worker bee
- Non Fiction Reader: How do we get honey from beehives? A simple book featuring real pictures and explaining the process by which honey is harvested from beehives - 17 pages
- Non Fiction Reader: Life Cycle of a Honeybee Booklet: Includes a puzzle, and sequencing activity. Related 3-part cards are also available in the 3-part card document.
- Vocabulary 3-part cards: A set of vocabulary cards relating to the life cycle of bees, beekeeping and related equipment - 29 vocabulary words
- Parts of a bee: Poster and labeling activity - 1 poster, 1 worksheet
- Sorting Mats: Sort the bees and bee nests - 2 mats
- Coloring Pages: Coloring pages related to bees - 14 pages
- Worksheets: Engaging worksheets to help students reinforce their knowledge of bees - 5 pages
- Emergent Reader: Color me emergent reader - 8 pages
Here's what my happy customers are saying about this resource:
“This was a great resource. It was worth every penny. Not all of the resources I have bought from Teachers pay Teachers are always that great. The previews do not always give you enough of an idea and I've regretted some of my purchases but this one was a winner. It has great pictures.”
“My students loved this resource! They were very engaged and loved the pictures!”
For more non fiction kindergarten resources, please see:
If you like this resource, I'd love to hear from you!
Earn yourself TpT credits for future purchases by leaving a review of this product. Your feedback is important to me and is greatly appreciated.
Are you following The Chatty Kinder?
Be sure to follow my TpT store and never miss a new resource.
You can also follow me on Instagram @TheChattyKinder.
Or check out The Chatty Kinder blog for free printables.