My nonfiction mini-units are perfect for when you don't need a full, in-depth resource on an animal. The nonfiction text passages are written at two different levels (one is a little easier) and are great for small group or whole class reading. I also included a fun flip book to bring all the information together.
- Before reading: 1 general sheet and one anticipation guide for each of the text pages
- Text passages: - 4 full page sheets, on two different levels; topics are: Bees as Insects, Jobs in the Hive, Bees vs Wasps and How Bees Help
- Response sheets for each text page
- Main Idea activity: Match the bee facts with the main idea flower cards
- Beautiful Bees – quick open-ended response sheet
- Can/Have Are response sheet
- Bee Fact sheet
- Flip book – 5 pages (plus cover)
- Writing Plan Sheets and paper – 2 versions
Be sure to check out the preview to get a better idea of what is included.
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Nonfiction min-units include:
Endangered Animals nonfiction
All About Insects
All About Frogs
All About Ladybugs
All About Rabbits
..... and more!