Learn about bees, talk about bees, read about these amazing insects!
These are great activities to share with friends and family at Open House or end of year parties. Included is your choice of dynamic bee crafts.
We all know first graders' abilities change greatly from the beginning to the end of the year. So, you also get a choice of reading and writing levels to differentiate for your class depending on the time of year. These levels are also appropriate for late kindergarten and second grade.
You'll also cover Common Core Standards for Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Language, and Foundational Skills. Wow, it has it all. This product might just solve world problems. Just kidding. But, it may educate students enough to work for bee conservation locally.
What you get:
* A Hook to start the unit
* Activate Prior Knowledge Lesson
* Worksheets to use with other books, movies, and websites
* Family Letter
* Bee body parts lesson and worksheets
* 3 Level 1 Articles with photos
* 3 Level 2 Articles with photos and many accompanying worksheets
* Life Cycle worksheets
* Quiz Quiz Trade Cards
* Task Cards
* Word Searches
* Writing Pages
* Bee Craftivity
* Bee Shaped Books - Differentiated (2 levels)
* Ask Me about Bees Hat (to get kids asking and answering questions)
* Poster Labels for Group Created Bee Posters
Please let me know if you would prefer this unit split into smaller folders to better manage locating specific pages. It is a huge file.
Check out the preview for more information.
Try these sub plans
Insect Unit Sub Plans
Try this insect unit
Insects: Science, Literacy, & Math An Integrated Unit