This download will give you some great tools for close reading, critical thinking, and organized discussion. Graphic organizers guide students to read closely in order to justify their opinions with evidence from the text at the same time fostering interaction with classmates and teacher. It provides students with a purpose for reading in a motivational way and encourages them to create a variety of ideas in a non-threatening atmosphere. The organizers and lesson also teaches students to revise their thinking based on new information from the text or discussion.
This product includes...
* Lesson with detailed suggestions
* Common Core Standards (included in the lessons)
* KWLH graphic organizer
* “My Prediction Thinking” organizer
* Before Reading Opinion Statement organizer (answer sheet example)
* After Reading Opinion Statement organizer (answer sheet example with The Irish Cinderlad)
* “What’s the Problem?” organizer (This directs students to identify the problem and then
think about alternative ways they would solve it. An answer sheet example using The Egyptian
Cinderella is also included)
* “Summarize It” organizer
* 12 Essential Question mini posters (including 1 blank)
* 13 colorful skill sheets (2 to a sheet) for your wall
* 1 “Rules for Discussion” poster
Includes the following Common Core Standards for 3rd Grade...
Includes the following Common core Standards for 4th Grade
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a larger cultural unit that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing Cinderella stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, researching countries and culture, and lots of hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit