This parent guide is for working with pre-verbal children. It includes games and activities to play with children who need to develop language pre-cursors.
1. Developing pointing and reaching skills
2. Early games to play such as peekaboo
3. Early sign / gesture
4. Nursery rhymes and action songs
5. Boardmaker pictures for these action songs
These are all integral skills for children to have before they start learning to talk.
A great guide for early intervention SLPs to use with parents too!
Further booklets in the First Words Series are;
- Playsounds - helping your child to be more noisy and develop imitiation
- First Words - how to encourage those first words from toddlers
Please leave me any feedback you have about any of these resources!
You can follow me by clicking on the *Follow star at the top of the page.
Further free ideas are also available on my blog - www.babychatter.com.au