Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
101.23 MB | 21 pages
This introduction to Shakespeare's 'stage' encourages students to
- Compare their time period to Shakespeare's in terms of government structure, social classes, religion, treatment of criminals, 'big issues and big ideas,' and entertainment options
- Practice effective note-taking
- Engage in visual thinking and structured art history analysis
The lesson plan is incredibly detailed, giving instructors
- Warm-up with optional extension
- Presentation connecting to common themes and concepts in science, social studies, health and religion classes
- Core activity based on presentation
- Scripted commentary to accompany presentation providing 'answers' and questions to encourage students' participation and critical thinking
- Checklist of skills to build in a unit with a Shakespearean play
- Sample notes based on presentation
- Homework assignment focused on Shakespeare's biography that includes 4 SAT-style questions (with answers) and a short writing prompt; optional extra opportunity
The lesson and interdisciplinary presentation are as a great way to introduce any Shakespearean text or unit, providing context about the Bard's choices.