Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.9 MB | 17 pages
This introduction to structure of dramatic texts teaches students to
- Reflect on the how well they use reading strategies for texts by Shakespeare
- Practice a strategy for analyzing and identifying the structure of dramatic texts; compare Shakespeare's works to modern commercials
- Practice effective note-taking
- Apply reading strategies to two historical texts that also build prior knowledge
The lesson plan is detailed, giving instructors
- Warm-up based on the homework assignment in "Decoding Shakespeare," available on TPT
- An interactive mini-lesson built-into the presentation with both guided and independent practice
- Scripted commentary: supplementary explanations, as well as questions to encourage students' participation and critical thinking
- Homework assignment that includes 4 SAT-style questions (with answers)
The lesson and presentation are great tools for interdisciplinary work with drama or theater departments, as well.