Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
34.4 MB | 25 pages
This introduction to Shakespeare's language teaches students to
- Spot historical remnants of earlier forms of English in modern contexts
- Meaningfully use select words and phrases borrowed from Shakespearean texts, including insults
- Create a mini-script, building prior knowledge for successful reading of the play
- Use specific reading strategies to break down Shakespearean sentences for comprehension
- Practice effective note-taking
- Apply reading strategy to a Shakespearean sonnet
The lesson plan is incredibly detailed, giving instructors
- Warm-up with optional extension
- Interactive mini-lessons in presentation
- Scripted commentary: answers and explanations, as well as questions to encourage students' participation and critical thinking
- Homework assignment focused on Shakespeare's biography that includes 4 SAT-style questions (with answers)
The lesson and presentation are a great way to introduce readers to a Shakespearean text or unit, providing context about the Bard's language.