Simple activities for a mini-unit on "les émotions" intended for primary-level beginner French.
Included in the zip file is:
1. Flash cards (with and without text)
2. LOTO game (includes 10 game "boards")
3. Single-page take-home booklet for students to create
4. Poster naming each emotion with accompanying emojis and the connector word, "ET"
These activities cover the expression "Je suis" and the following emotions:
*For simplicity's sake, I have not included the feminine versions of these words. If you would like to amend the documents, send me a message.
Ideas for use:
1. Flash cards
- Duplicate the cards and play a game of "mémoire"
- Play a competitive fly swatter game where students race to smack the correct word
- Print cards without text to assess retention of vocabulary
- Help students to form sentences ("Je suis __________ et ___________")
- Draw the cards out of a hat for students to act out (like charades)
- Draw the cards out of a hat to play LOTO (see below)
2. LOTO game
- Play a game of LOTO! (similar to BINGO)
- Laminate the game boards to use for years to come
- Don't laminate and instead have students colour and take them home
- Have students complete the faces for each emotion
- Have students take them home to show parents what they've learned
- Students have the option of putting the emotion they're feeling right now on the front cover
- To learn how to fold this into a book, Google "folding a single-page booklet"
- Post in a place where students can see during French class
- Use this to help them express themselves during teacher-led instruction (Aujourdui, je suis... et...)
- This can also help students complete the booklet, as they can match the word to the facial expression