Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.75 MB | 7 pages
This game is a great way for students to learn about simple expressions while having fun at the same time! Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or recommendations.
Common Core Standards:
Items you will need:
• Pennies – One for each student, or at least one for each group
• Dice – One for each group
• Printed student directions
• Printed game boards (choose size, I prefer the bigger 11x17)
• Printed score sheets for each student/team.
• Pair up students so that two people/teams will be playing in each group. If space or resources are limited, you can have more than one person or team playing in one game. However, games will go faster if there are just 2 students/teams per game.
• Give each student/team a score sheet.
• Give each group one game board, a penny, a di, and a student direction sheet.
• Students roll the di to determine p, then fill out the value of p on their score sheet. They then slide the penny on the game board to determine the expression and then write that in the expression box on their score sheet. Finally, they solve for their score.
• Example | 4 | p-1 | 3 |
• This continues for 10 rounds and the student/team with highest score wins.