This product is a step-by-step guide to using edmodo.com in the classroom. I wrote it for a colleague who is not comfortable with computers and prefers every step to be written.
Once you start using edmodo, you won't know how you ever lived without it. Students can take quizzes online, and edmodo will grade it for you. If you select it as an option, students can see their results immediately. Talk about Instant Feedback! They can view missed questions and see the correct answer as soon as the teacher releases the results! Common Core will likely require student assessments to be taken and/or uploaded online. Edmodo is a free, easy way to give students experience with technology as a learning, collaborative, thinking AND assessment tool now.
This step-by-step guide to social networking includes:
1. How to sign up for edmodo.
2. How to create classes on edmodo.
3. How to post notes and alerts on edmodo.
4. How to create assignments on edmodo.
5. How to create and grade quizzes on edmodo.
6. How to change student's passwords (because we all KNOW they will forget them).
7. How to use edmodo as a parent-contact tool.
Step-by-step directions are accompanied by screen shots for those who are like me and need visual cues.