Help your students learn a variety of beginning consonant blends including s-blends, r-blends, and l-blends! This unit provides a variety of printable, hands-on, engaging word work activities. These activities are ideal for center work, literacy stations, independent work, whole or small group reading instruction!
This unit is print-and-go and will save you lots of time!
• Blends Sort: Read and sort L-blends and R-blends
• Read, Trace, and Rainbow Write r-blends, l-blends, s-blends
• Build a Word: Cut and paste letters to build words with blends.
• I Can Spell Words with Blends: Use picture to spell word 2 times
• Blends Mix It, Fix It: Unscramble the word, write it correctly in pencil and then in rainbow colors. I recommend providing letter magnets to help students build the words.
• Draw It: Blends! Read the sentences containing words with beginning blends. Draw a picture to match the sentence.
• I Can List Words with Blends: Write two words for each given blend.
• Highlight a Blend: Read, highlight, and write the words containing blends.
• My Blends Book: Read, trace, write, draw a picture, and write a sentence containing the word.
• Blends Decodable Story: Read the story containing decodable words with blends and common sight words. Highlight and record words with blends.
• Blends Decodable Story: Read the story containing blends and answer comprehension questions by writing complete sentences.
• S-Blends Sort: Read and sort words with beginning blends: sp, st, sc, sk.
• Blends Picture Sort: Cut and sort pictures by L-blends and S-blends.
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Please check out my other word work units!
Long Vowels Bundle: Phonics/Word Work
Short Vowels Bundle: Phonics/Word Work
Digraph Bundle: Ch, Sh, Th
Wacky Y Word Work
Ouch! Literacy Activities for the Ou/Ow Sound
When Two Vowels Go Walking... CVVC Phonics/Word Work
Magic E Phonics/Word Work
Thank you! :)