Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.72 MB | 210 pages
This file contains 16 Scavenger Hunts over basic multiplication rules (times tables)
1. Multiply by 2
2. Multiply by 3
3. Multiply by 4
4. Multiply by 5
5. Multiply by 6
6. Multiply by 7
7. Multiply by 8
8. Multiply by 9
9. Multiply by 10
10. Multiply by 11
11. Multiply by 12
12. Review 2's, 3's, and 4's
13. Review 5's, 6's, and 7's
14. Review 8's, 9's, and 12's
15. Review Most Missed Problems
A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet.
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go, so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost), so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.
-Another option is to print the presentation out with multiple slides per page and then cut them out so that students can figure out the correct order without leaving their table.
If you have any questions/comments/compliments then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra, so I'm doing this my free time (what little of it there is, heh).