This is a beginning Soprano Recorder method book, designed to be used within the Elementary Music Classroom. I created this book out of the necessity to have a functional, practical method book to teach beginning recorder students. I have implemented this method over the past 4 years in my own music classroom with tremendous success - along the way making necessary edits and changes to increase its effectiveness. I also wanted something that I had the rights to photocopy repeatedly, so as to not charge my students additional money to buy a recorder method book.
Included in this book:
* Introduction of each new note, with detailed fingering charts and directions
* Beginning on pitches E and G, using innovative numbered fingering system (E is 5, because it uses 5 fingers)
* Leveled Recorder "Pass Off" songs - familiar tunes such as "Pease Porridge" and ", sequentially ordered from easy to more advanced
* Sight-Reading Practice songs - original melodies designed for easy sight-reading
* Written assignments to assess knowledge and understanding throughout the book
* Each leveled song is also color-coordinated, allowing for a reward system to be implemented (beads, ribbons, stickers, etc) once each song is "passed-off"
* Teacher-only page with tips for using the method in your classroom and how to taylor it to your needs
** Rights to photocopy as many times as you need - buy this once and photocopy for 10, 100, or 300 students - however many you need!!!
I'd love to hear from you, so please take just a moment to leave a friendly comment and rating below. Your kind words of feedback make my day! Thanks!
You might also enjoy these coordinating products:
Coordinating PowerPoint for Recorders Rock
Coordinating ActivInspire Flipchart for Recorders Rock
For freebies, ideas, lesson plans, and coupon codes, visit my blog, Learn Me Music
and follow me on Facebook at Learn Me Music