Kids love to punch holes and find these punchers a super fun phonics activity. Punchers can be used as an independent literacy station or for partner work. Either the student or their partner can easily check for accuracy using the kid-friendly answer key. Punchers are also great for early finisher work.
● Reinforce beginning letter sounds
● Learn to easily identify letters of different fonts - all 'a's do not look alike!
● Increase hand strength and endurance to improve pencil grasp and writing stamina
● Improve bilateral coordination skills
● Using a hole punch is intrinsically motivating and FUN!
Kids are reminded of the directions using these
center signs. Put out only the steps you want kids to do.
Highlight the 5 correct beginning sound letters.
Punch out the incorrect letters.
Check your work with the kid-friendly answer keys
Color the picture
4 different cards for each letter
a: aunt alligator apple astronaut
e: egg elephant elbow envelope
i: igloo iguana inch insects
o: octopus onion ox open
u: umbrella umpire underwear up
2 different cards for each letter
b: banana bird
c: cat carrot
d: dinosaur dog
f: fish frog
g: glue glass
h: hat helicopter
j: jacket jeep
k: key king
l: leaf lion
m: mop moon
n: net nest
p: pizza popsicle
q: queen quarter
r: rainbow robot
s: strawberry star
t: tree table
v: violin vest
w: wagon watermelon
x: x-ray [end sound- fox]
y: yo-yo yarn
z: zebra zipper
These are great for preschool, kindergarten, first grade RTI, special education, and occupational therapy.
Other beginning sound products you may find helpful:
Write Now: Beginning Kinder Sounds worksheets.
AlphaBugs! Write Now- Kinder Sounds Reader.
It’s All About the Alphabet Letters and Sounds.
Worksheet color cut and paste activities.
It’s All About the Alphabet Let’s Play and Learn the Alphabet
. 22 Fun Differentiated Literacy Centers.
Alphabet Fluency Centers.
Fun literacy & math activities.
Alphabet Fluency Interactive Worksheets
. Worksheet color cut and paste activities.
Making Capital Letters with Lines and Curves
. 15 Literacy Centers.
CAPITALS FIRST! Handwriting Without Tears Style
. Initial Handwriting Instruction.
Punch Card Products:
Medial Vowel Sounds - CVC words
Final Sounds - CVC words
Initial Consonant Blends - CCVC words
*********Customer Feedback ********
◦ Love having kids work on letter sounds and fine motor skills at the same time!
◦ Great activity for sound/letter match and fine motor skills too!
◦ We use this activity for free choice time and the kids love it. They punch out all the letters that are not the initial sound of the picture and then color when done. It's great practice for sound/letter awareness and fine motor skills.
◦ My students and the OT love this.
◦ Great activity! Thanks for offering a choice of 2 pictures for each sound!
◦ This hole punch activity has been great in a station.
◦ I love these cards. My students can practice reading skills and fine motor skills!
◦ I used this product in my fine motor take home box. Parents and kids loved using the punch cards.
◦ Use these as part of our morning fine motor task rotations :)
◦ These are a class favorite!Awesome!! My students love it!! Thank you so much!!
◦ Easy to use!