This fun initial sound matching and sorting activity is perfect for your Valentine's day theme. The ABC alphabet cards and beginning sound cards can be used in your writing centers, literacy centers or stations in preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
Children would love to find the proper key for every lock!
The set includes realistic images so it can be a wonderful addition to your Montessori language area.
The material includes:
- 26 cards with locks with images
- 26 cards with keys with alphabet letters
- 26 cards locks and keys together
- table with all the words listed
- a sheet with black and white cards with locks and keys. Children can color them, draw their own images and write letters
Great for practicing these skills:
• Phonemic Awareness
: To work on phonemic awareness, match the picture cards to the picture mats.
• Letter-Sound Knowledge
: To work on letter-sound knowledge, match the letter cards to the picture mats.
• Visual Matching
: Print two copies of the picture cards and use as a simple matching activity for your youngest students.
• Alphabetical Order
: Line up the letter cards in ABC order and match the picture cards.
* Use in your literacy center or station for individual work
* Use in a small group activity or game
* Add velcro to the back of the cards to create a file folder game
* Add magnets to the back of the cards to use on a cookie sheet or magnetic board
You may also like these Valentine's Day
--> 1-10 Valentine's Day Counting Clipcards Activity and Matching Cards
--> Grab this FREEbie Valentine's Day Shadow Matching Activity
❤♡♥ I would love to be your friend! It means that we are like-minded if you are here!
Chat with me on Facebook
and connect with me on Pinterest
✎ If you downloaded this material, leave me a feedback, I am so eager to know what you think about it!
Would you like to receive email notification about different new cards that I make? Then follow my store!
I hope you found this material useful,
Have a wonderful day!