These picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the beginning sound of picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same beginning sound. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, or homework.
- 20 beginning sound sorts comparing two consonant sounds
- NO PREP printables with all components on one page
- I Can... poster with center directions
- There are five pictures per anchor sound (10 total pictures for each sort)
- Students do not need to know all of the letter names to do these sorts. The purpose is for them to learn, practice and apply the one anchor sound and connect it to that letter name.
- To extend the learning, students can write the beginning sound (or all sounds they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
• Alphabet ABC Handwriting Practice Pages
• Alphabet BUNDLE- ABC Handwriting Pages, Wall Cards, Song, and Puzzles
• Alphabet Song and Hand Movements with Wall Cards
• CVC Word Fishing Game
• Alphabet Mystery- Literacy Centers, Activities, & Room Transformation
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to click on GREEN ⭐ star ⭐ to follow our store for new products and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods