About this resource
This resource requires very little preparation and is designed to assist children to identify and practice listening to the beginning sound in one, two and three syllable words, focusing on one sound (phoneme) at a time. Lips the Fish visual is used to reinforce the sounding out of words.
• List of beginning sounds and corresponding picture cards
• Large picture and sound cards (laminating recommended)
• Reusable practice sheets to use with whiteboard markers (laminating recommended)
• Two versions of black line practice sheets (write the beginning sound or cut and paste the beginning sound).
• Directions and suggestions for fun ways of teaching the beginning sounds.
If you like my product, please have a look at the Ending Sounds packet