7 GAMES -- ONE PURCHASE!!
Objective: Match picture to its beginning sound
This packet includes 7 learning center activities (2 pages to print per activity) ~
** Matching footprints - letters /s/ /t/ /m/
** Matching the top/bottom of cupcakes - letters /f/ /r/ /b/
** Matching mittens - letters /l/ /c/ /h/
** Matching sun and moon - letters /p/ /w/ /n/
** Matching puzzle pieces - letters /d/ /j/ /k/
** Matching houses - letters /g/ /v/ /z/
** Matching stars and hearts - letters /x/ /y/ /q/
**Assessment sheet - photocopy as needed, cut in half. The extra space on the assessment sheet is for the extra picture, which is optional.
1. Print each page.
2. Laminate the pages.
3. Cut apart each of the pictures. Place the
learning center pieces in a ziplock
bag or envelope.
4. To make the activity self correcting, mark
the backs of each picture with
corresponding stickers or marker.
5. Photocopy the assessment sheet.
6. These activities include 2 blank pieces.
Feel free to glue on another picture
and write a letter on the other piece.
Directions for playing:
1. Student(s) place all the game pieces face up
on the work area.
2. Student picks up one of the picture cards
and identifies the picture.
3. S/He finds the playing piece with the
matching beginning sound. S/He puts
the two pieces together.
4. S/He continues in this way until all the
pieces are matched.
5. When all the matches are made, the student
completes the assessment sheet. As an
alternative to the assessment sheet, using a
camera, have the student take a picture of
the group of matches. At a later time, you
can view (or upload) the photo and check for
Thank you for your interest in this item. Let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) what other materials you need.