Five fun and engaging literacy centers that focus on beginning sounds A-Z are included in this bundle. The centers include:
- Spin & Write the Sound where students get a spin board with pictures and they have to identify the beginning sound that they spin and record it on the corresponding recording sheet (in D'Nealian and traditional font) - 11 different boards and recording sheets
- Spot it, Dot it where the students use BINGO daubers to spot the focus sound and dot it as they say the sound it makes (in D'Nealian and traditional font) - A to Z
- I Spy where students have to find and color all the letters and pictures that match the focus sound on the worksheet - A to Z
- Say it, Clip it where students get a set of cards and have to identify the beginning sound on each card by placing a clothespin on the correct letter for the beginning sound - 3 picture cards for each letter A-Z
- Find Me Three where students draw a focus sound and then find three pictures that match the beginning sound - A to Z
- Three in a Row where students can either play individually or with a partner to make three in a row with the letters matching the beginning sound of the pictures on the game board - 6 different game boards for partner or individual play
My students have loved these centers during our morning literacy centers and I hope yours will too! They are perfect for literacy centers, but can also be pulled for intervention or if the class needs more practice with a particular sound. Directions are included for each center.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
These centers are sold separately, but you save $2.50 when you purchase the bundle!