Beginning Sounds Match Game and Tracking Sheet
This beginning sounds matching game has been created to systematically focus on 5 letters at a time.
- Letters Aa-Zz lowercase and uppercase letters systematically divided into 5 colour-coded lists.
- For each letter there are 6 beginning sound clipart images to match.
- Tracking sheet to monitor students' progress.
- Teacher notes.
How to get started?
This beginning sounds matching game has been created to systematically focus on 5 letters at a time. There are 5 lists in total.
- Laminate and cut out all cards.
- Keep each colour-coded list in a separate bag.
- Scatter the chosen list on the floor.
- Students need to find the 5 cards that have both a letter and clipart on them.
- Once students have found these cards they then need to find the pictures that start with these beginning sounds.
- This activity can also be turned into a game by seeing who in the group can find the most for each letter.
- A tracking sheet for these letters has also been included to use with those students who require extra support and/or are on Individual learning Plans.
Did you know that if you provide feedback on a product you receive TPT CREDIT! Just go to your My Purchases page and beside your purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I also value your feedback as it helps me to create products that are valuable and enjoyed by your students.
If you want to stay updated with my new products and freebies, look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Like this product? You may want to check out these awesome resources too!
Word Wall Alphabet Posters with Clipart and 'Word Wall' HeadingSight Word Board Game 12O Dolche Sight WordsES1 and S1 Revision Booklet Tier 3 - Literacy and MathematicsBeginning and Ending Digraphs Frog Matching Game