PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you looking for some hands on phonics literacy center or guided reading activities? This teacher designed set of pumpkin themed cards is full of meaningful ways to practice beginning sounds.
This small group, literacy center pack includes:
1. A set of six cards for each letter of the alphabet. One card has the letter, the other five cards have pictures representing words that begin with that letter. X has words that begin or end with x.
2. A sorting mat for each letter of the alphabet.
3. Six extra cards for each letter of the alphabet for one to one picture to letter
4. An easily individualized accountability sheet.Before coping you write in the letters
you wish to check, students draw pictures of things that begin with that letter
5. Everything accept the accountability sheet comes in both color and black and
These cards can be used for:
1. Sorting onto included letter mats.
2. Pocket chart or white board tray matching sounds to letter cards.
3. Memory match games.
4. Sensory bins (Sensory bins are boxes filled with shredded paper or other sensory
materials. Students find a letter cards and a sound cards that matches them.)
5. Morning tubs (Match sound cards to letter cards one to one.)
6. Exit tickets (Show each child a card as they line up. Child names letter or tells the
7. With older class buddies.
8. With volunteers.
9. In literacy centers, literacy centers, and guided reading.
10. Partner activities.
11. Early finishers.