This product features the following 4 products bundled together in a .zip file.
String Orchestra Letter Name Ticket Assessments - D String
String Orchestra Letter Name Ticket Assessments - A String
String Orchestra Letter Name Ticket Assessments - G String
String Orchestra Letter Name Ticket Assessments - E & C String
This product can be used as a short assessment, bell ringer activity, exit ticket, mini worksheet and/or assignment to reinforce note identification (and fingerings) for the first 4 or 5 pitches on the D String, A String, G String, and E or C String. There are 3 assessments on each page, and 1 page for each instrument. Look for accuracy first, then speed.
I've included 4 different version of the same tickets, depending on how you teach and your needs.
- Version #1: Identify 4 notes on the staff using letter names.
- Version #2: Identify 4 notes on the staff using letter names and fingerings.
- Version #3: Identify 5 notes on the staff using letter names.
- Version #4: Identify 5 notes on the staff using letter names and fingerings.
Print 1 page per student according to their instrument, cut each page into thirds (cut guides included), and group the tickets together as if they were separate songs.
Some ideas on how to use these tickets:
- Give the students a specific amount of time to complete the entire ticket. Can they complete it accurately within the time frame?
- After time’s up, have them circle the ones they didn’t do, and let them finish their ticket with their book open. See if they do better on their next ticket!
- Have students play the answer back instead of going over them verbally.
- Double Bass
These tickets also have a place for students to reflect on their learning. I have my students bubble in where they think they belong.
- 1 = I don’t understand the content yet, and I need help!
- 2 = I somewhat understand the content, and I can do it with some help!
- 3 = I understand the content, and I can do this by myself!
- 4 = I understand this so well, I can teach it!